Recent News: From NATO Headquarters (Brussels), Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has officially announced to become the new, 30th NATO member of the Republic of North Macedonia.
Join Telegram Group
FREE Whatsapp, Telegram SMS*
North Macedonia has joined NATO as its 30th ally. On March 27, 2020, with the US State Department in Washington DC submitting its document for the North Atlantic Treaty, Northern Macedonia has become the newest member of NATO.
About NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation):
- The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty signed on 4 April 1949. NATO constitutes a system of collective defense by which its independent member states agree to mutual defense in response to any external party attack.
- NATO is a formal alliance between the regions of North America and Europe. Its main objective is to protect each other from the possibility of the Communist Soviet Union taking control of their nation.
- NATO Funding: Every NATO country contributes to running the organization. The greatest contribution of the Allies comes in the form of participation in NATO-led missions and campaigns.
|NATO Headquarters||Brussels, Belgium|
|Secretary-General||Jens Stoltenberg Since 2014|
|NATO Formation||4 April 1949|
About Republic of North Macedonia:
- North Macedonia, officially the Republic of Northern Macedonia, is a country in the Balkan Peninsula in Southeast Europe.
- North Macedonia gained its independence in 1991 as one of the successor states of Yugoslavia.
- Northern Macedonia is a country in the south-central Balkans. It is bounded on the north by Kosovo and Serbia, on the east by Bulgaria, on the south by Greece, and on the west by Albania.
|North Macedonia Capital||Skopje|
|Independence Declared||8 September 1991|
|Currency||Macedonian denar (MKD)|
|Joined NATO||27 March 2020|
|Total Area||25,713 km2|
|President||Stevo Pendarovski (Since-12 May 2019)|
NATO Members States:
|1. Albania||16. Luxembourg|
|2. Belgium||17. Montenegro|
|3. Bulgaria||18. Netherlands|
|4. Canada||19. North Macedonia|
|5. Czech Republic||20. Norway|
|6. Denmark||21. Poland|
|7. Estonia||22. Portugal|
|8. France||23. Romania|
|9. Germany||24. Slovakia|
|10. Greece||25. Slovenia|
|11. Hungry||26. Spain|
|12. Iceland||27. Turkey|
|13. Italy||28. United Kingdom|
|14. Latvia||29. The United States of America|
|15. Lithuania||30. Croatia|