Recent News: The lockdown continues due to COVID-19 in India, due to which people are facing a lot of problems and now the harvesting season of Rabi crops is going on, in which the farmers are not able to sell their crops in the market due to the lockdown. To solve all this, the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare initiative launched a mobile app named ‘Kisan Rath‘, under which farmers can easily reach the goods market. Through the ‘Kisan Rath’ app, farmers and traders can easily buy and sell crops.
Join Telegram Group
FREE Whatsapp, Telegram SMS*
What is Kisan Rath app:
- The ‘Kisan Rath’ app has been developed by the National Informatics Center. Through this app, the yield of the farmer will be able to reach the mandi on time, as well as its fair price. All transporter details will be given on the Kisan Rath app. Farmers can negotiate with the transporter and negotiate until the product is taken to market.
Benefits of Kisan Rath app:
- With this app for farmers, 5 lakh trucks and 20 thousand tractors have been added across the country to protect farmers’ crops from ruin with the Kisan Rath app. This app will keep the agricultural supply chain management strong in the country during the time of the Corona crisis.
- Government procurement of crops has started in many states, farmers will get paid for the crops purchased through Kisan Rath in just 3 days.
- Full details of transporters (owners of trucks, tractors) will be given.
- Farmers can get jobs by looking at the registered carrier posts through the Rath app, and then reply according to their availability.
- The Kisan Rath app is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu languages.
How to download Kisan Rath app:
- Download the Kisan Rath app from Google Play Store.
- After downloading the app, you will have to register for PM Kisan with information like name, mobile number, and Aadhaar number.
- The merchant has to register with the company name, their name, and mobile number.
- After registering, the mobile number and a password can be logged into the app.
- Registration for PM-Kisan Yojana can be done by visiting the official website of Government of India – pmkisan.gov.in/.