Recent News According to the World Patent Report released by the World Intellectual Property Organization- WIPO, China ranks first in applying for international patents in the year 2019.
Join Telegram Group
FREE Whatsapp, Telegram SMS*
According to the World Intellectual Property Organization- WIPO, In the year 2019, China (58,990) was ranked first in the application for an international patent, America (57,840) was second, Japan was third and was followed by Germany and South Korea.
- In just 20 years’ time, China’s patent figures have increased by 200 times.
- Approximately 52.4% of patents from Asia have been applied.
- Since the establishment of the Patent Cooperation Treaty system in the year 1970, the United States has been the most applying country every year.
- According to the report released by WIPO, Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL], China’s largest manufacturer of telecom devices in the world, was also the top corporate patent filer for the third consecutive year.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is an organization promoting innovation and creativity for the economic, social, and cultural development of all countries through an independent and effective international intellectual property system.
|Organization Name||World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)|
|Formation||14 July 1967|
What is the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is an international patent law treaty concluded in 1970, covering more than 150 countries.
- The Patent Cooperation Treaty provides a unified process for filing patent applications for the protection of inventions in each of the contracting countries.
- The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is used to monopolize discoveries made by the world’s major research institutes and universities